/Annots [] /Annots [] After doing a return a customer came over to the register and asked if I was opening, I replied " that no I would not be opening because I was on break", I then went back outside to finish my break. Privacy Policy. I would go in early and stay late to help with freight. /StructParents 12 The company has a rule that a worker may not clock in more than seven minutes in advance of a shift or clock out more than seven minutes after a shift end. I gave her the keys, came home wrote the CEO of the corporation. One time in order to keep my boss from losing her job I worked from 7 am to 4pm. So I did the only thing I could do to fix things that needed to properly be fixed and only that, the assistant that left gave me her information so I could do what needed to be done. >> /Filter /FlateDecode I do take one day off, don't care if DG likes it or not. /Group 66 0 R I have been working for dollar general since December 2015 and I'm a lead now I was an assistant manager I stepped down to a lead because I was told that I had to work when the manager wasn't going to be in the store and we have other leads working also if I needed to be off and she was off I was told I couldn't be off also I have been there 2yrs and some months and on my hour lunch break I have to clock out but still work because I always work with a cashier so there for I have to help the cashier if they get a line I have to give a key turn if they need one yet and still I'm suppose to be on my break and this happens all the time. /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] Terms and Conditions. << It feels like a blessing just to get a full 30 min. Acting in "good faith" means that you provide all the information you have and you believe it to be . << /F1 172 0 R We will discuss your situation and determine if you have a claim. /Group 131 0 R The DOL awards damages to former employees as a rule of thumb. /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] He claims that Dollar Trees time clock rules ensured that workers received a shorter break than should be allowed them by law. /Parent 3 0 R endobj /Contents [88 0 R 89 0 R 90 0 R] What is going on??? << 39 0 obj So I didnt get to start my shift for 40 minutes yet did not get compensated for that. /C [0 0 1] This comes from a California Supreme Court ruling in an off-the clock work lawsuit. /Annots [] /Kids [40 0 R 41 0 R] /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] I would like to be involved in this lawsuit. FLSA prohibits employees working off-the-clock without due cause. Capstones attorneys understand the tactics that well-financed defendants use to shield themselves from responsibility. /Tabs /S Their Dollar Tree lawsuit alleges violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act because Dollar Tree has not paid minimum wage, paid overtime or provided the required rest and meal breaks. /Type /Font /Contents [103 0 R 104 0 R 105 0 R] We also maintain departments for Mass Actions and Appeals & Complex Motions. Privacy Policy | It was a 3 million dollar store. I transferred to a new location. Was denied. Ive worked for Dollar Tree for 6 years, and I mostly didnt hate it, the store I worked at in Michigan was nice, with good people, there were never any real issues. Online readers should not act, or decline to act, based on content from this site without first consulting an attorney or other appropriate professional. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. I was told to work shifts by myself if I have to to keep my hours were they want them to be. fWTTjC#WTSj"0V]@TVk?,2` @!vPIl f^,Jc(ROlb{"D 2HxbEX>n /Tabs /S /Contents [133 0 R 134 0 R 135 0 R] Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. /Group 151 0 R I also would also do payroll and other manager duties. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. 8 0 obj 43 0 obj A man from Ocean County, New Jersey, just filed a lawsuit against Dollar General Corporation, NJ.com reported on May 21. Want High Quality, Transparent, and Affordable Legal Services? /Parent 8 0 R 3 0 obj When you have employees that dont want to show, which is truly at any job, but still makes it hard when you have young children to take care of. /Parent 8 0 R 11 0 obj To handle those issues its sad because this company treats employees as only a number instead of part of their team i never had trouvle with anxiety. >> 18 0 obj /PageMode /UseNone /Type /Page When you are working all those hours all the time you forget to get clocked in or or after a long 13 hours. More than 6,000 Dollar Tree employees have joined a lawsuit claiming that the retailer failed to pay them for work they routinely performed "off the clock." The workers allege that they. /Parent 8 0 R If you miss a deadline your claim will be lost forever. Please contact me. I thought the other 2 assistants are suppose to share closes. I worked Family Dollar in New Iberia, La. There are strict time deadlines for filing lawsuits so it is essential that you contact an attorney immediately. << /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] >> Paymail ignores you as well when you request them. Put it application, manager hired me under the table, had me doing the work that the other employees wouldn't do, for way less pay. /Group 96 0 R /Metadata 6 0 R endobj /Resources 82 0 R I was told to do my training (cbl's) on my day off it took 11 hours. /Annots [] If you are owed unpaid wages, we will represent you under our No Fee Promise, which means there are never any legal fees or costs unless you receive a settlement. /Contents [63 0 R 64 0 R 65 0 R] within the three (3) years preceding the filing of this lawsuit. Low payroll hours to operate a store that is open from 8am - 10pm 7 days a week. << Due to integration of the FLSA in most state labor law, U.S. employee rights are protected insofar that they must be paid the minimum wage, as well as overtime, and the same compensatory or insurance benefits as other workers in the same role. When an employee becomes unhappy at work or is terminated, that is when generally see a lawsuit filed. /F1 169 0 R /StructParents 20 members' after shift "off-the-clock" work. You must contact the I did so. The statute of limitations is customarily two (2) years, yet employers are liable three (3) years for intentional violation of FLSA wage and hour laws. I believe I can be a part of this lawsuit. Investigator tells me I quit. endobj When an employee is instructed to rework a project without pay. /StructParents 9 37 0 obj 2 0 obj I am expected to clock in for any help the cashier or a customer may need. /Border [0 0 0] Dollar General recently announced it will install about 40,000 sneeze guards and provide employees with gloves across its stores, the company told NBC News. Complaints filed with the Department of Labor may recover up to threeyears of back wages for unpaid overtime; including liquidated damages equal to what a former employee is owed. Yes i believe such thing like this because here in PA they have done the same thing. Camp Lejeune residents now have the opportunity to claim compensation for harm suffered from contaminated water. UpCounsel attorneys have an average 14 years of legal experience, and have represented corporate clients like Google and Menlo Ventures. >> If one ever takes a position over cashier they are subject to interrupted breaks, and forced to remain on the property with responsibility for all issues inside that are above the scope of a cashier's duties. /Resources 67 0 R /Parent 8 0 R Not to mention to take him home after the shift. Employers could easily recognize who was working late because the employees had to stay in the building to continue working. I worked for Dollar General for 3 years. Merely paying the employee back-wages is less expensive and litigious than the threat of lawsuit. /Parent 9 0 R << 36 0 obj /Resources 72 0 R % /F1 175 0 R /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] I believe I am entitled to unpaid wages. /StructParents 16 Certain employees are considered " exempt . /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] >> As an Assistant manager your not suppose to run the store alone ever, corporate policy. We collect information from you when you fill out our contact form. 24 0 obj /Parent 8 0 R Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on your site. The Company store support center is located in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. We use cookies to help us remember and process registrations, understand and save your preferences for future visits, keep track of advertisements and compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. /Contents [143 0 R 144 0 R 145 0 R] /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] Scan this QR code to download the app now. It wasnt until I brought department of labor into it that they finally acknowledged me. << I had a great Dm and great managers around me. If you worked for Dollar General at any time from August 23, 2017, until the present and would like to learn more about the case, please call us at 888.314.7449 or send an email to info@DollarGeneralLawsuit.com. It would be nice if the C E O of Dollar Tree would come and work in some of his stores, So he can Understand and feel what employees feel, like the Undercover Boss!!!!! /Group 111 0 R /Parent 8 0 R I worked there 11 years and I never had a uninterrupted 30 or 10min break they fired me because I was starting to find out about what the store manager was up to and they used my sick time and wont tell me why, Your email address will not be published. /Length 10 Stating they could only find 2 hours and some change of time i not paid. Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on your site. << /Type /Page Upon my first promotion to a key position, I was told by my manager that I was to stay on store premises and be available during my, "off the clock" lunch. /Type /Page and I started out as cashier and ended up as Store Manager, I have a lot to say, I worked numerous hrs without overtime pay, use vacation hrs to save payroll and worked off the clock. Liabilities under FLSA extend three (3) years back. Double liabilities in the form of liquidated damages are the risk employers sustain when exposure is too high. >> BCV-18-102711. Please enter the information below or call us to speak with Anthony Castillo, Esq. 20 0 obj Please reply with similar experiences and I may DM you with a number you can call to join the suit. These are violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and can give rise to an overtime pay lawsuit. << /Type /Page /Tabs /S /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] >> /Kids [8 0 R 9 0 R 10 0 R 11 0 R 12 0 R 13 0 R] >> failing to calculate the regular rate of pay properly, for purposes of paying overtime; not paying at least minimum wages for all hours worked (relating to hours worked off-the-clock); not providing employees with timely, uninterrupted meal and/or rest breaks; not paying employees one hour of pay for each missed meal or rest break; not providing employees proper wage statements (pay stubs); failing to maintain accurate payroll records; not paying wages timely during employment and upon termination; failing to pay the time spent for and the costs of mandatory physical examinations and/or drug testing; and. /Parent 8 0 R /Contents [98 0 R 99 0 R 100 0 R] /Resources 107 0 R Employer guidelines should be clear and provide explicit examples of what constitutes off-the-clock infringements in the workplace to not foster misinterpretations. Ive been employed for a little longer than 2 years and deal with the same issues to a tee. If we decide to change our privacy policy, we will post those changes on this page, and/or update the Privacy Policy modification date below. >> /Annots [47 0 R] An employee who has been working off-the-clock is often illegal, an attorney may be able to help you file a claim for back pay, understand whether covered by the FLSA or answer questions about the rights as a worker. This new manager is making employees clock out and then count down their tilts . 5 minutes to the bank is actually 10 minutes. endstream Changes to our Privacy Policy An employee might clock out,yet continue working by finishing documents, making phone calls, or cleaning; all of which must be compensated under FLSA. The lawsuit, filed in the US District . 17 0 obj /Parent 8 0 R When I asked for time off my District manager refused to allow the time off. >> The FLSAarticulates that employees be paid overtime for more than 40 hours a week. Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Wage and hour law training to educate managers and other supervisors of the definitions of off-the-clock work. /Type /Metadata endobj Off-The-Clock Work Can Trigger Lawsuit An employee who has been working off-the-clock is often illegal, an attorney may be able to help you file a claim for back pay, understand whether covered by the FLSA or answer questions about the rights as a worker. /Kids [39 0 R] In fact, a number of our attorneys previously worked for large national law firms and graduated from top law schools, including Harvard, University of Michigan, UCLA, and USC. 26 0 obj I was in my position for 2 weeks and our Store manager went to another store altogether. >> In 2017, TJ Maxx was ordered to pay $8.5 million to California workers in a meal break case. >> I'm the last 3 Yrs we have been going thru not having store mgrs.so I've had to run them without help mostly..having to borrow from other stores is almost impossible and I do not get paid a store mgr.salary but I am the store mgr when there isn't one, working long hrs working by myself I'm doing it now and it's affecting my health and when I do call or message my DM he hardly responds is there anything I can do about this? /XObject << endobj /Resources 127 0 R We also pursue our clients claims in arbitration and before administrative agencies. I started dollar tree in 2017 o work for dollar general for four and a half year and quitt after the manager they hired wanted me to take an extra 15 minutes i refused and when i filled out the application for dollar tree the dm at the time told me that she had fired her from dollar tree because she was taking time away from the employees and on the other hand i started at dollar tree in 2017 and i have worked off the clock many of times and im an asm Ive been told that because of my age that i cant do my job that i cant stock the shelves when we have stockers to do that job. /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] We werent supposed to be in the store by ourselves just invade anything happens and I opens the store on my way home Oran and I closed the store alone multiple times just so the door could make money and was never aloud to close the door down while by myself. Salaried employees must be paid at least $23,660, an employee must fulfill the job duties tests for enumerated exemption. Two former employees have filed a proposed class action that claims defendant Dollar General Corporation required them to work off the clock without proper overtime. Because of this, there are long lines of employees waiting to clock in or clock out. 8#0B"HdFK;G/jvIR &|O4cBy,`,i1%N;ro W"gw~k> $daXL%HWtzmt]f}ig{^,CK?SL^UYuY`by+tzn /F2 46 0 R break without having to do a key turn or getting on register to do a return or just back up the other cashier do to customer flow.
Jackultramotive House, Myunity Netsmart Login, Articles D