I am not tall, I maybe had 2 inches to the seat in front us. Tons of shows and movies and all for free. When I checked in online I went all the through the process including picking a seat and paying for one bag. I have. One at landside near baggage claim operates from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm during the week and 8 am to 2 pm on weekends. It was only an hour and 50 minute flight so the food really wasnt important but it would be Nice to have something different than the standard pretzels", "Lack of information on correct departure gate. Leisure travel demand has fully rebounded to pre-pandemic levels, but the supply of flights is still down 15-20% because airlines are still short on pilots, planes, and ground crew. ", "I was delayed coming from an international flight and was so thankful for the help from delta at the counter and at the gate. Awful", "Boarding as quick and efficient. They said we're down to one runway with in and out flights. ", "I wish the crew would did a little more to ask the people behind me stop playing the loud music and talking loud. I'd be booking NOW (note the '4 seats remain' prices will only go UP). the woman next to me was stressing because of a connect", "Flight was short and we got to Portland early. ", "Crews were helpful. Flight INFO & Biman Bangladesh Airlines(BG) flights from Dhaka to Lahore. At the end it told me there was an error and I was not checked in and would have to check in at the airport. Employees refused refunds, failed to apologize and/or provide a phone number to reach Sun Country. ", "Flight was on time. ", "In this age of Making America Great Againpeople need to learn to mind their own business and juststop. ", "Great crew. ", "Overall experience was great, landing, crew, snacks, movie selections it all was great", "Seating was very nice and a free move was a plus", "Boarding is a free for all. I lucked out and got a seat that was close to the front of the plane, even though it was in the middle. Flying with REAL ID Find low fares from *Restrictions apply From runways to roadways Link your Mileage Plan and Lyft accounts to earn miles every time you ride. Why? She startled me, and I told her she had. The airport also has Smartecarte baggage carts throughout to help move your luggage. An employee greeting me recommended I use the restroom because the gate was down an elevator and in a portion of the airport that did not have accessible restrooms or food options. ", "Crew was very friend, Erick in particular was very nice. After it nearly evaporated in 2020, demand for travel is fully back in 2023 and isn't going anywhere. No other flights were canceled, so the weather excuse didn't hold up. ", "The pilot let us know what states we were flying over", "It was hot in the airplane. They should have kiosks to print your bags (which they don't). A quick glimpse of single-family homes on the real estate market will show that a home in a good neighborhood that offers 3,000 square feet of living space may go for $800,000 or more. ", "The flight was on time, and we boarded quickly and promptly. After boarding, it made more sense since it wasn't a full flight; I could understand that was likely done so the plane would be weight-balanced. I did lose my bag but that was my fault in the confusion of jfk. ", "I Like That's That They Have Non-Stop Flight To MSP. For my trips to Boston, that means Jet Blue. Efficient boarding. Apparently JetBlue has a quota to meet as to how many people they charge for carry on luggage. ", "Took way too long to board, because apparently we had to wait for one more flight attendant before anyone can board. There are highly desirable communities because of their proximity to the best schools as well as the best shopping areas. Use cost-comparison websites such as Bing, Kayak and Fare Finder. The seats are comfortable the space is good internet is free and the crews are always Friendly! No healthy food choices. ", "1st class is solid.warm cookieyum! ", "Flight attendant relocated me to exit aisle (see below). Fewer delays would be helpful. I was told to go to the baggage claim instead by a staff member when I came out of the plane, but this was wrong, so I ended up waiting a very long time for them to bring me my carry on bag to the baggage claim. Easy, comfortable, organized, and on-time. Typically, the allowed time to check in bags in many airlines ranges from 60 minutes to 24 hours before your scheduled departure time. Here are the 5 main ones. ", "Free WiFi, screen entertainment options are good though I didnt take advantage. Total professionalism in an awkward situation! We searched the earth, and beyond, to discover the stories behind some of the costliest . ", "I ended up getting to my destination 6 hours after what I had planned. Finally the flight took off late and there were many empty seats, but the crew did not inform us of that. Apparently there were some computer issues in th cockpit but pilot got through it without much delay. My bag did not show up. ", "really love the seats the crew was awesome! Recommend the shuttle because if you don't get one flight, they'll get you on the next. ", "Flight was delayed a little. I don't think you did whatever you could for most of us on that flight. "Fuel prices have been on the rise lately due to geopolitical tensions in the Middle East," he said. ", "Cancelling the flight without telling me. Thank you Jet Blue ! First class was more important. ", "The flight left New York more than 2 hours late and got into Rochester very late also", "Great service, delightful crew, flight went in a smooth and timely manner. My only on time flight this year has been with Delta. Many other flights were delayed or cancelled. Find cheap tickets to Portland from anywhere in United States. They don't serve food or provide in flight entertainment. Other airlines charge for everything. Well done!!! Considering that a single person spends more than $1,000 a month without rent, you would need to earn a salary of about $55,000 - $60,000 a year to live comfortably here. Folding tray was dirty and smeared with god know what and there was food lying on the floor when we got in. Much better than expected for a budget airline. ", "The boarding process was a nightmare, no announcements were made in English so half of the passengers were confused. The crew were funny and cordial. ", "The dinner was awful. Flew with Delta on the way up. Seats barely recline so even with a pillow your chin is in your lap. I am a Delta fan - although flexible enough to use other choices when necessary. ", "The crew was very friendly and completely professional. ", "Since I got a good deal on the ticket, my boarding zone was Basic. Booking your flights to Portland with CheapOair helps ensure that you'll be getting the cheapest available tickets. ", "I don't like that you are asking me this question when I never took this flight. The basic principle of cheap flights across the Atlantic has existed since the 1980s, when Freddie Laker started his . (Uncomfortable on a long flight. Was hoping JetBlue", "Crew was very friendly and helpful. They have radars now; I have flown from Boston under severe snow storms. ", "Flight delayed by 2 hours- was just sitting in the plane for couple hours before it took away", "Super nice flight attendant. However, if you find yourself tired from your flight and just want to check into a hotel, there are many options nearby. Search Portland flights on KAYAK. They made the flight most comfortable. Ultimately, we flew safe and sound, but the discomfort caused by the cold bus transports, poor bus driving, foreseeable delays, and a parked vehicle was really unacceptable. ", "The crew was organized and professional. They changed our seats, putting us together again, without a problem or negative attitude. Unlike Spirit, there's reasonable leg room, and your seats actually recline. ", "I liked it all. ", "The wifi didn't work, and this wasn't the first time thier wifi was out. With more people wanting to visit Europe, airlines are able to charge higher prices for tickets. On time departure. ", "Attentive and very polite flight attendant", "Restroom seems to get smaller and smaller", "Not gotten cancelled on August 18 and delayed for 24 hours with no compensation for hotel we had to get. ", "The fact they wasted two days of my trip with my son travelling from the U.S. to China because they didn't know about transit visa regulations. How Much Money Do You Need to Live Comfortably in Portland, Oregon? staff should inform customers that any seat is available to sit in once on board the aircraft. Compared with Delta's Econoomy Comfort, I felt that the KLM seat had more legroom and greater recline. Why are flights so expensive right now? Terrific crew. No communications provided as to why our flight was delayed. Snacks were limited, but the flight attendants were nice, no complaints, everything OK.", "A complimentary lunch meal should be served. According to Imberman, the higher costs you pay for goods in an airport can be attributed to a minutiae of operating expenses most customers never think about: High rent (airports take a % of total sales) High construction costs Steep security, handling, and logistical costs Costly labor (higher average salaries than traditional retail jobs) Comfortable, easy and faster to board. ", "It was exactly what I was looking for. The seats were comfortable and they offered drinks and snacks often. Otherwise, uneventful. It can be cheaper . ", "Crew was great! ", "The FA didnt smile once. Portland International Airport offers a Conference Center, so you can take care of all your business needs. No apologies was extended. No consessions for delay when asked at gate. Great experience. Fly from New York from $69, from Newark from $69, from Washington, D.C. from $89, from Denver from $107 or from Chicago from $123. Taxes and fees are very high in Canada. Thought Id get work done but the one time I didnt charge up my laptop I find out Im out of luck. we had to board from a ramp/walk way. Why are international flights so expensive - and when will they get cheaper . Also not clear until after food purchase that free snacks would be available throughout the flight. 4 hours is a LONG time to be delayed. * Because the flight was long-ish and we had to taxi for an hour, my computer ran down, and there were no electrical outlets at the seats or even usable on the plane, because it was an old plane. ", "I didn't get very good instructions about picking up my carry on bag plane side. Very uncomfortable. Was little apprehensive because I heard bad things about AA - my 1st experience was good. Pilot was very informative. ", "The airline had the flight delayed due to waiting for flight attendants. Giant Jets Parked Carriers are cautious about bringing back all their idled jets, even though. They allowed passengers to board that were seated at the end of the plane while some 1 was boarding, causing tons of congestion. My bag was supposed to be available in Portland but was not. I got TSA pre-checked, no hassle with the shoes & little bottles of liquid. ", "The crew was amazing and the food was pretty good for airplane food. After boarding, it made more sense since it wasn't a full flight; I could understand that was likely done so the plane would be weight-balanced. It was hard to eat while listening to people endlessly flush the toilet. So friendly and accommodating. ", "I was sleeping so didn't have food/drink, can't comment on that aspect", "I really appreciated the maturity of the flight attendants. These companies let you arrive in Portland from destinations like Austin, Los Angeles, Honolulu, San Francisco, Minneapolis and Albuquerque. ", "Way too hot on the plane. Threat was the best. So why is it so expensive to . ", "I like the customer service and the refills on the drinks. ", "Crew didnt serve drinks/snacks; otherwise nice and short flight", "The crew was nice, the flight was so short, there was little interaction with them. ", "Drink choices advertised were no longer available for either flight", "The name of the airplane. very long walk from the gate to the luggage carousel. ", "There was no food or entertainment, but that wasn't expected. I will be flying jet blue again!! A ticket from London Paddington to Bristol in 1995 was 28.50. Search for Portland flights on KAYAK now to find the best deal. When it came time to board the international flight, they screwed up our boarding passes and made us wait until the end to board. More than 3,400 U.S. flights were canceled on Saturday and 1,500 on Sunday. The further you are from Hawaii, the more expensive your ticket is going to be. ", "Seat are OK. ", "The headphone jack on my seat was broken, made it very difficult to enjoy the entertainment aspect of the experience. Additionally when I found other flights on multiple airlines that would help me keep my plans on track, Sun Country would not entertain any of it. Nice to have the full can of pop but a pretzel or peanut snack would have been nice for a 5 hour flight. ", "Better meal options but I believe it was limited because the flight was so short. Alaska Airlines, Delta, and United Airlines have lounges operating in PDX. ", "Small seating-our knees were sore when we got here. I will definitely keep using your service. ", "I wish the snack options were better. Because of scheduling issues not weather or anything. No blankets offered anymore and it was very cold. Portland is one of the brewing capitals of the U.S. and that can be seen clearly with the presence of multiple brewery bars in Portland Airport such as Laurel Wood and Deschutes Brewery. ", "Direct flight, friendly crew, reasonably comfortable, no major delays", "Only pay seat options 23 hours before flight. ", "Crew was amazing, seats were very comfortable", "Serve drinks a little sooner in flight. ", "delays, crying children and sniffling sneezing passengers. ", "Some of the flight attendants were rude and not very welcoming at all. Overall seemed unorganized, unhelpful, and common courtesy for customers was not exhibited. People actually listened. ", "Plane had a maintenance issue that sent us back to the gate and he captain was up front with it and informative. Very memorable. But no explanation was given. Flight bargains will be few and far between for Kiwis eager to jet off overseas, travel experts have warned. Entertainment was great. Youll need to travel 3 miles to reach the Portland city center from Portland. You could then fly to Portland with an airline and back with another airline. 3. ", "The check-in process was anxiety producing. Lease more gate space at PIT. Slowest I've ever experienced. * One of the flight attendants was actually rather rude. Felt like a new plane. Once it landed in Orlando the airplane traveled around the entire airport .. ", "The only positive of this leg is that it was less infuriating than the flight from RDU to Boston", "Delta's partnership with Go Jet seriously compromises the legacy carrier's reputation. Helpful with finding overhead compartments on a full flight. Bathroom is always clean and smells good! So far every flight taken by JetBlue this year has been late. 2. For those who would like to grab some souvenirs, head to Downeast Marketplace, located near Gate 6. Average for round-trip flights in February 2023. We cudnt hear most of it.. ", "No phone chargers which was a little flaw. I must say the Orlando landing was the best touchdown I've ever experienced..Smooth.. ", "They no longer serve the Fruit Plate on the menu for this flight. . And so far they offered a 75 dollar voucher for participating merchants. Not that would EVER fly Sun Country again", "Communication and updates. ", "Crew was very fast but not enough during boarding and people had brought oversized carry on luggage to the gate requiring stowing. ", "Crews work really hard to serve all the passengers, thanks for the good service! Breakfast was better. ", "People are friendly, it's clean, you feel safe, can't complain. Fly from the United States on JetBlue, United Airlines, American Airlines and more. The entire boarding process felt sloppy, disorganized, and hectic. The first reason is that the demand for travel to Europe is higher than ever before. ", "Legroom is better than most other airlines and crew was very nice", "We were delayed on the runway after boarding for an hour and arrived in Burbank an hour late. ", "There was no food service due to turbulence so that wasnt good besides that everything else was good! She was efficient but not a hint of friendly or welcoming. 8. Everything was fine but our flight was delayed an hour with no explanation and then we ended up sitting in the airplane for an hour and a half. I accidently found out just before boarding. Short flight so no problem. Her coworkers say she's the best and I couldn't agree more! Subject to availability. Why Is Delta So Expensive? She really brought a special snack to a crying, squirming toddler. ", "We had to change our tickets from Tuesday to Friday our mother was put in hospice. Low-cost airline LEVEL is an offshoot of International Airlines Group (IAG.) ", "no free blankets and air-conditioning was on high, no food (except for small bags of crackers) provided on a 6 hour flight, movie selection was awful", "Free WiFi was great, but wish I could sign in with my Amazon account instead of setting up TrueBlue. ", "Cramped seating as with all airlines these days. When more people want to fly, even if it's on specific routes, airlines know that they can charge higher prices. It can also be referred to as Portland or Portland Intl. ", "Sun Country checked my bag for free since they were short on space. We had checked a carry-on at check in and paid $30 while several people got theirs stowed for free which seemed unfair. Hence, recent fuel cost increases led to why are flights so expensive right now. Despite global revenue growing 27% from 2020 . Staff isnt friendly", "Crew was stellar and everyone else too! Aisle width also narrow. You will be more comfortable inside the security zone than in the pre-security zones. ", "Flight read delayed almost a full hour. You really should have N/A ratings so I didn't have to rate them all 1 star. No food or drink vouchers given & of course, no discounts provided for future travel. It was a full flight and there was no option to change seats. The tv screens were very small and so glitchy I stopped watching my movie halfway through. The second reason is that fuel costs have risen significantly in recent years. ", "The WiFi was spotty, which made the Peach Bowl game difficult to watch, but overall it was great. Top tips for finding cheap flights to Portland Looking for cheap airfare to Portland? ", "The crew was great, check in was fast, boarding was quick, flight was on time leaving and early landing. ", "The flight was advertised to have the seatback on board TV and there were none. I travel a lot and this was one of my best experiences. ", "Nothing. I loved to be able to use the ticket on my phone as boarding pass, that made shorter the whole process. Higher Demand Leads to Fewer Cheap Flights First of all, keep in mind that flight prices are subject to the same laws of supply and demand as any other product.
Highland Memorial Cemetery, Multipoint Topology Advantages And Disadvantages, Hamilton Beach Flexbrew Keeps Flashing Clean, Katie Castro Abc News Philadelphia, Obituaries Royal Palm Beach, Florida, Articles W