Then Try IMR 4166 Powder, Powder Temp Stability IMR Enduron vs. H4350 and Varget, http://precisionrifleblog.com/2016/06/19/powder-temp-stability-hodgdon-extreme-vs-imr-enduron/, Powder Temp Stability: IMR Enduron vs. Hodgdon Extreme, Guide to IMRs Enduron Powders What You Need to Know, Powder Valley has new IMR 4166 Powder in Stock, IMR Introduces New Enduron Powders: 4166, 4451, 7977. Find load data for IMR 4166 Enduron propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:IMR Enduron 4166 is a versatile, match-grade propellant, with the fastest burn rate in the Enduron line. Some powders are more affected by changes in temperature than others. Comprehensive load data for IMR 4166 Enduron reloading powder und technical specifications for this propellant. Load . Are your groups that good ? I tried 4166 and my groups opened up. (The only two .45-70's I own are trapdoor Springfields.) The LabRadar is a new type of device that allows you to measure muzzle velocity within at least +/- 0.1% of the reading. Mag. Loading density is perfect for magnums, nicely filling the case at maximum charges, contributing to superb uniformity and accuracy. Subscribe to the free newsletter and do not miss any news or promotions. It is an extruded powder with a perfect burn speed for cartridges like 308 Winchester, 7.62mm NATO, 22-250 Remington or 257 Roberts, among other cartridges. These new powders should compete directly with the Hodgdon Extreme Series, which gives shooters more temp-stable powder options to consider. IMRs press release states: IMR 4166 [has] a perfect burn speed for cartridges like the 308 Win/7.62mm NATO, 22-250 Remington and dozens more.. 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; Across the board, the Enduron line is very insensitive to temperature changes, which is important for both match shooters and hunters. I don't see any info for the A-Max though. Thats because a change in temperature can affect the trajectory or flight path of the bullet in two well-known ways: 1. IMR 4955 is a medium burn speed powder, falling in between IMR 4451 and IMR 7977 in burn speed. The results were very interesting, to say the least. Sign up to get updates and access to exclusive promotions. The components in question make up my service rifle load in .223 and they are Hornadys 55 grain V-max bullet seated into a Lake City brass case at an OAL of 2.270 and ignited with a Wolf Small Rifle Primer. As a medium burn speed propellant, XBR is ideally suited for cartridges like the 223 Remington/5.56mm, 308 Winchester/7.62mm NATO and the 6mm PPC. 44gr 4166 Well, Im done Adulting for Today and Tomorrow. Very consistent velocity, quality powder, not so good on powder throw due to it being a stick powder. Some of our Forum members have reported excellent results with IMR 4166 in cartridges that work with Varget, such as the 6mmBR, 6 Dasher, 6.547 Lapua, and .308 Win. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Improved Military Rifle IMR 3031 Improved Military Rifle IMR 4064: 5.56 x 45 mm: Accurate 2495 VihtaVuori N135 VihtaVuori N140: Hodgdon CFE 223 Hodgdon H 335 Improved Military Rifle IMR 8208 XBR VihtaVuori N530 VihtaVuori N540: 5.6 x 50 Magnum: Improved Military Rifle IMR 4064 Winchester 748: 5.6 x 57: Improved Military Rifle IMR 4320: 5.7 x 28 . .223 Remington (Hodgdon Data Using IMR Powder) reloading data with 221 loads. This powder is comparable to Hodgdon H4831. Is there a different load data site? With no pressure signs up to 45.8 grains of 4166 I decided to push further and see what I could get. The Rifle: Savage 10fcp, 24" 5r, accustock .308 Win, Vortex Viper PST 4-16 Target distance: 100 yards Shot off front and rear sand bags from a bench You can see Hodgdon H4350 had the least variance in muzzle velocity, with just 25 fps over the 115 swing in temperature! You are using an out of date browser. both should give you specific info. The main features of the Enduron series are copper fouling eliminator, insensitivity to temperature changes, ideal loading density and being environmentally friendly. If this is true, these powders should prove popular, particularly IMR 4166 which seems to be in the Varget/Reloder 15 burn-rate range. Will purchase more. Share the post "IMR Introduces New Enduron Powders: 4166, 4451, 7977". When I approached Chris Hodgdon with the question Does it stop copper from fouling or remove it with each shot? with a smirk he responded Its a proprietary formula. ), AR Issue 2022 Gun & Gear Giveaway Contest, Editors Choice Gun & Gear Giveaway Contest, Fall Hunting 2021 Gear & Giveaway Contest, Defensive Handgun Gun & Gear Giveaway Contest, Defensive Handgun Issue Gun & Gear Giveaway, The Hunter to the Hunted: Savage Arms Introduces New 110 Carbon, Wilson Combat 300 HAMR Barrel Conversion, 2022 Editors Choice Award Winning SIG Sauer P322 .22LR, 2022 Editors Choice Award Winning Savage Mo. 3, e-mail Hornady and the powder mfg. .308 Winchester (IMR-4166 Data) Warning! IMR powder has long been a choice powder for knowledgeable reloaders. Sign up to get updates and access to exclusive promotions. For those who ask.I am obviously loading for a 556 NOT a 223. otherwise why mention I would be using only cases marked as 556! It is a true magnum cartridge propellant with outstanding performance in such cartridges as the .300 Winchester Magnum, 7mm Remington Magnum, .338 Lapua and more. Such loads are marked with an asterisk in the data to show where standard 7828 will not fit. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - IMR 4166 .223 Rem. Find load data for IMR 7828 SSC propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:IMR 7828 SSC is a magnum rifle powder with exactly the same burn rate as standard IMR 7828 and uses the same data. Past breakthroughs have brought us the extreme extruded line that gives consistent performance regardless of ambient temperature, and more recently they have brought us CFE technology that deters and reduces copper fouling. $49.99 - $357.99 4.48 17 reviews IMR Enduron 4166 is a versatile, match-grade propellant, with the fastest burn rate in the Enduron line. I hope to get to .5 moa consistently anything better will be nice. I bought all three. The responsible reloader always errs on the side of caution, so I decided to stop there. Key: Admin , Global Mod , Mod RR2/3-22 UDG-IP Loads case to bottom of bullet, clean burning, very consistent, accurate results with no flyers, flows thru powder measure with a. the accuracy is the same as varget but the velocity is a bit higher with a couple of 10ths less powder. I'm using this in my Tikka CTR 223 under 73 gr Berger BT target bullets. IMR Enduron 4166 is a versatile, match-grade propellant, with the fastest burn rate in the Enduron line. Youll also find official load data in the Hodgdon 2020 Annual Manual. Precision shooters will find an Enduron option well-suited to most of the popular precision cartridge types. this stuff is not affected temp at all. We continue to prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at retailers. Reloading 223/ 5.56 for the AR-15 with IMR 4166 30-06JOHN, GUNS AND RELOADING 1.86K subscribers 2.8K views 1 year ago I reload .223/ 5.56 for the AR-15 using a powder not popular, IMR. When we are sold out, we are sold out. IMR 7977 is the slowest burn rate Enduron Technology powder. The manual allows for stiffer charges, but at 25.1 the load begins to compress. Menu & Links It is the perfect burn speed for cartridges such as .308 Win, 7.62mm NATO, 22-250 Rem and 257 Roberts. It's been over two years of this ammo & reloading nightmare. when enduron works it is often same hole shooting. Every week of WW II, as many munitions were used as in all of WW I. Anyway, I like the 4166! The main features of the Enduron series are copper fouling eliminator, insensitivity to temperature changes, ideal loading density and being environmentally friendly. Hodgdon Powder Co., distributors of Hodgdon, IMR, and Winchester powders, says that: The new IMR Enduron Technology powders will be available at dealers in early 2015 in 1-pound and 8-pound containers. For more information and Enduron LOAD DATA visit imrpowder.com or check the 2015 Hodgdon Annual Manual. VAT (where applicable), shipping costs and possible delivery charges. We continue to prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at retailers. Was looking for an equivalent powder from H4895 when I ran into the 4166. This allows up to 4% more powder space in the case and in many loads yields more velocity than standard 7828. Versatility with uniformity and accuracy. It provides top velocities and performance with heavier bullets in medium-sized magnums. _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', '.accurateshooter.com']); I've had good luck with 8208 with 77gr SMK's and 69gr Nosler Competition Customs Hoon Rating - 100% 1 0 0 Joined Mar 2, 2013 Messages The technology in IMRs Enduron line of powders provides four very important qualities that enhance both in-gun and downrange performance. Taking the rifle back to the workbench for a cleanup proved the claimit had virtually no copper fouling, as proven by the absence of a blue hue in the exiting patch soaked in Sweets 7.62 bore solvent. This powder is comparable to Hodgdon H4350. Clearly, the competitor's 'choice' and the Varmint Hunter's 'dream powder.'. Trail Boss is based on new technology that allows very-high loading density, good flow through powder measures, stability in severe temperature variation, and, most importantly, additional safety to the handloader. var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); So far IMR4166 has worked great for me in the .243 Winchester with light bullets, the .257 Roberts with 75-100 grains bullets, .308 Winchester with 150's and 168's, the .303 British, 8x57 and .45-70 with "low pressure" loads. This website uses cookies to ensure the best experience possible. Sierra load data for over 95 Berger bullets in over 65 calibers with all suitable powders on the market. You may not reproduce original text or photos without advanced permission in writing. Here on Ultimate Reloader you can count on a LOT of AR-15 content coming over the next year: everything from reloading .223/5.56, to hunting, a lot more with suppressors, and some custom AR-15 rifle action! CL 2.005 Trail Boss Reduced Rifle Load. The main features of the Enduron series are copper fouling eliminator, insensitivity to temperature changes, ideal loading density and being environmentally friendly. OK, we're down to 1/3 MOA with a bit more to go. I've only seen a handful of load data for IMR 4166 and 223, it was 69 Sierra and 77 Sierra. When placed and configured optimally, the LabRadar can measure muzzle velocity with +/- 0.1% accuracy, according to the manufacturer. of Varget. The IMR Enduron line is similar to Hodgdon's Extreme Extruded line, in that it is temperature insensitive. Shooter's Reference Load Data for .223 Remington .223 Remington - Published Manufacturer Loading Data Shellholders: Hornady #16 Lee #4 Lyman #26 RCBS #10 Recipe Type: Rifle 55,000 PSI STANDARD SAAMI COMMERCIAL SPECIFICATIONS Pistol CUSTOM LONG THROAT Reduced Load Bullet Weight: ALL 30 gr 34 gr 35 gr 36 gr 40 gr 42 gr 43 gr 45 gr 50 gr 51 gr 52 gr 3, tried this powder and same bullet in the grandson's Ruger77 .223. Shooters will find IMR 8208 XBR yields max velocities and 'tack driving' accuracy. However, to up the ante the Enduron line also utilizes copper fouling reducing technology to help keep your bore free of the hard to remove copper. It is an extruded powder with a perfect burn speed for cartridges like 308 Winchester, 7.62mm NATO, 22-250 Remington or 257 Roberts, among other cartridges. That is very, very low. Enduron powders are formulated to reduce fouling and to be stable across a wide temperature range. The first IMR reloading powders included ever popular favorites IMR3031 (1934), IMR4064 (1935) and IMR4350 (1940). IMR claims that Enduron powders are not sensitive to temperature changes. Address: xxl-reloading.com, Gartenweg 9, 83661 Lenggries, Germany. To be able to use the full range of Shopware 6, we recommend activating Javascript in your browser. Bullets ranged from 50- 77 grain , same bullets shot very well with Varget anf H4895 . The Enduron Technology powders are available in one-pound (1 lb) and eight-pound (8-lb) containers from quality reloading retailers. I understand this is an old thread, but want to reply anyway, 243 75gr V-Max loads using StaBall or IMR 4166. http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle, Hoping to find a fat girl to slurp my eel, http://optimalchargeweight.embarqspace.com/, http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbse-a-little-help-with-target-analysis-for-OCW. The 4166 seemed interestingit matched my motorcycle jacket, but none of my reloading manuals had any data for it (it's that new). For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I was planning to switch to 4166 for my .308, but it seems that it has also become nearly impossible to source. When I hit that node It's going to be great. . Case: Winchester; Twist: 1:12 inches; Primer: Federal 210M, Large Rifle Match; Barrel Length: 24 inches; Trim Length: 2.005 inches. The main features of the Enduron series are copper fouling eliminator, insensitivity to temperature changes, ideal loading density and being environmentally friendly. Very happy with the results. 5 rounds shot Was able to find a node fairly quickly and with a little seating adjustment, it's shooting .3 moa or better. For example, IMR 4166 is a good replacement for Hodgdon Varget (commonly used in the .223 Rem, 6mmBR and .308 Win), while IMR 4955 is a fine substitute for H4831 (favored by F-Open shooters for the .284 Win and 7mm WSM cartridges). They also produce specialty rounds designed for competition shooting events like . Temperature change stability the Enduron line is insensitive to temperature changes. Trim to length as needed, clean/uniform the primer pockets, reprime, charge with powder, verify powder charges, seat bullets to specific overall length, perform final inspection, box, and label. We do not take backorders and our Tech Services team cannot take orders via email or phone. My factory sierra high 2576 I'm very happy with this powder. The pelletized form makes for faster reloads with pre-formed charges that easily drop down the barrel and is easy to pack without the need for measures or funnels. The IMR brand was created under the DuPont Corporation. The new line of IMR Enduron powders feature small kernels for easy metering, plus a built-in copper fouling eliminator. IMR now offers four Enduron powders that cover a broad range of burn rates. Naturally the next step was to combine the two for a new line of powders. IMR now offers four Enduron powders that cover a broad range of burn rates. I didn't want to like this stuffI figured I was likely buying marketing hype for $31/lb at my LGS. ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? We place limited powder inventory for sale on a regular basis on our website. It is available right now at Powder Valley in both one-pound ($25.45) and 8-pound ($182.75) containers: IMR4166-01: IMR 4166 1 LB. * All prices incl. So they would likely show much larger swings than what these four top-performing powders showed. IMR 4166 is one of IMRs Enduron family of propellants. If you are the site owner (or you manage this site), please whitelist your IP or if you think this block is an error please open a support ticket and make sure to include the block details (displayed in the box below), so we can assist you in troubleshooting the issue. A versatile, match-grade propellant, IMR 4166 is comparable to Hodgdon Varget. For info on other IMR powders, visit www.imrpowder.com. IMR 4166 in .223. First load. It may be that if I did more load development I could close the gap. Select 223 Remington, check off your weights, select IMR, then 4166 I was able ti find a load for two different 55s, a 69, and a 75. These short-grain, extruded powders will deliver temperature insensitive quality while keeping copper residue to a minimum. IMR 4166 + 55gr V-Max in 223 Rem tailbon3 Jan 19, 2017 Help Support Long Range Hunting Forum Become a supporting member tailbon3 Well-Known Member Joined Aug 24, 2009 Messages 84 Jan 19, 2017 #1 I'm looking for some load data for the 55gr V-Max in 223 Remington with IMR 4166. The IMR series of handloading powders were the only choice to wring full performance out of rifle calibers. (function() { I use in 243 Win and 6.5 CM. I live in florida and shoot the same load all year. More about this powder: IMR Enduron 4166 is a versatile, match-grade propellant, with the fastest burn rate in the Enduron line. Anyone seen/tried this combo? I have a pound of 8208 XBR for 223 development, haven't gotten round tuit yet. msinc Many F-Open competitors are now using Reloder 16 with considerable success. So if your goal is first-shot hits and you may shoot in a variety of conditions you should care about temperature stable powders. The weight of a kernel of 4166 was almost double the weight of a kernel of H4895, and they were clearly larger. I'm using this in my Tikka CTR 223 under 73 gr Berger BT target bullets. FPS low 2735 high 2789 The test was designed to quantify the temperature stability of Hodgdon H4350 and Varget powders compared to IMRs Enduron line of powders, specifically IMR 4166 and 4451. You may not reproduce original text or photos without advanced permission in writing. var _gaq = _gaq || []; Site Notices. Subscribe to the free newsletter and do not miss any news or promotions. This propellant performs comparably to Hodgdon Varget but charge weights are materially different. In today's shooting you can clearly see the scatter that centers at 45.5 and the obvious OCW at 46.2. This ensured the powder charges were identical for each round of ammo. At 600 yds, the POI with 4166 loads was about 1.2 MOA higher than when using 43.2 gr. Really like this powder, the accuracy it produces is amazing I will lots more if I can find it. It may not display this or other websites correctly. The Enduron Technology powders are available in one-pound (1 lb) and eight-pound (8-lb) containers from quality reloading retailers. The 223 is the most common round. .225 Win. This propellant performs comparably to Hodgdon Varget but charge weights are materially different. As with all load development, reference a credible reloading manual, then start at the minimum and work up in small increments. For more information, go towww.P65Warnings.ca.gov. Perhaps the new IMR 4166 will be as good or better. 110 PCS pistol, 2022 Editors Choice Award Winning Ruger 5.7 LC Carbine, 2022 Editors Choice Award Winning Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical 12-gauge, Fiocchi Introduces New 5.7x28mm Subsonic Ammo, Lehigh Defense 115-gr. From the 17 Remington to the 243 Winchester to the 375 H&H Magnum, accuracy and performance are excellent. I'm looking for some load data for the 55gr V-Max in 223 Remington with IMR 4166. I do not see it listed for 40 grain bullets. WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Environmentally friendly - Enduron technology is environmentally friendly, crafted using raw materials that are not harmful to the environment. It is an extruded powder with a perfect burn speed for cartridges like 308 Winchester, 7.62mm NATO, 22-250 Remington or 257 Roberts, among other cartridges. Share the post "Powder Temp Stability: IMR Enduron vs. Hodgdon Extreme". Hodgdon's excellent online reloading data show only IMR 4007SSC, IMR 4166, IMR 8208XBR, and Hodgdon CFE 223 breaking 3,750 fps with a 55-grain bullet in a 24-inch test barrel. Find load data for IMR 8208 XBR propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:IMR 8208 XBR is an accurate-metering, super short-grained extruded rifle powder was designed expressly for match, varmint, and AR sniper cartridges. It is an extruded powder with a perfect burn speed for cartridges like 308 Winchester, 7.62mm NATO, 22-250 Remington or 257 Roberts, among other cartridges. temperature stable too. IMR 4451 is a mid-range burn speed powder, ideally suited for cartridges such as .270 Winchester, .30-06 and 300 Winchester Short Magnum. You can find that here: http://precisionrifleblog.com/2016/06/19/powder-temp-stability-hodgdon-extreme-vs-imr-enduron/, Share the post "Powder Temp Stability IMR Enduron vs. H4350 and Varget". This propellant is ideally suited for many mid-range burn speed cartridges. It is equally effective in small-capacity varmint cartridges from 223 Remington to 22-250 Remington, and it's a great 30-30 Winchester powder. .1 to .2 gr accuracy. PRBs test team also noticed other interesting trends in the data. (see note 1 ). Reloading for 223/556 Service Rifle Competition (NRA/CMP bullseye . It acts a whole lot like Varget, but is much easier to find. It is primarily a pistol powder but has some application in rifles. Powder Valley Inc. (PVI) and Midsouth Shooters both have plenty of IMR 4166 in stock right now. (SEE: Temperature Effects On Zero on KestrelMeters.com.). I have had good luck with 4166 in .223 bolt rifles. Be sure to enter theNES/MFS March Giveaway ***Taurus G3c***. It is the perfect burn speed for cartridges such as .308 Win, 7.62mm NATO, 22-250 Rem and 257 Roberts. I paid $159.00 for 8# Varget at Shooters last time I was up there. I loaded 23.5 gr in Lapua brass with no trouble using a 10" drop tube: http://www.xxicsi.com/powder-funnel.html It is an extruded powder and provides top performance for big game cartridges like 25-06, 270 Winchester, 280 Remington and 300 Win Mag, among other cartridges. They both love it. var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); IMR Enduron 4166 is a versatile, match-grade propellant, with the fastest burn rate in the Enduron line. We need to get back to the good old days! Loading density is perfect for magnums, contributing to superb uniformity. It is also outstanding in cartridges like the 444 Marlin and 7.62 X 39. 7977 is the slowest of the batch, for shoulder thumpers like the .338 Lapua and the .470 Nitro Express. For info on other IMR powders, visit www.imrpowder.com. Fired from My Rock River Arms National Match upper, these rounds consistently fetch accuracy in the .75 to 1.25 MOA area. For magnums with light- to medium-bullet weights, IMR 4350 is the best choice. This is a true magnum propellant yielding outstanding performance in .300 Winchester Magnum, 7mm Remington Magnum and .338 Lapua Magnum. The Hide Armory. It is an extruded powder with a perfect burn speed for cartridges like 308 Winchester, 7.62mm NATO, 22-250 Remington or 257 Roberts, among other cartridges. Thanks, Was looking for an equivalent powder from H4895 when I ran into the 4166. Find load data for IMR 4831 propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:IMR 4831 has a slightly slower burn rate speed than IMR 4350. We place limited powder inventory for sale on a regular basis on our website. I hope to get some time on the new bull barrel AR. IMR 7977 is comparable to Hodgdon H1000. IMR Legendary Powders now offers four (4) Enduron powders: IMR 4166, IMR 4451, IMR 4955, and IMR 7977. Not a brand to rest on its laurels, IMR continues to develop new powder formulas that are increasingly insensitive to weather and temperature changes, have improved burn speeds, and contain additives that remove copper bullet jacket fouling. By that, they mean the change per degree from 20 to 65 might be smaller or larger than the change per degree from 65 to 140. $182.75. SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER TO STAY UP ON THE LATEST. Really like this powder, the accuracy it produces is amazing I will lots more if I can find it. Shooters looking for readily-available alternatives to hard-to-find extruded powders should definitely check out the Enduron line-up. Its loading density is perfect for magnum cartridges and contributes to superb uniformity, yielding outstanding performance in 300 Winchester Magnum, 7MM Remington Magnum and .338 Lapua Magnum. Has anyone left switched from 4064 to 4166 without losing accuracy? Precision shooters will find an Enduron option well-suited to most popular precision cartridge types. The initial heat condition of your powder will affect the burn rate, Bryan Litz explained at a recent Applied Ballistics Seminar. JavaScript is disabled. IMR offers a modern line of powders with Enduron Technology which is also marketed to have extreme temperature stability. Find load data for IMR TrailBoss propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:Find load data for Accurate 5770 propellant by clicking the button "Loads for this Powder".More about this powder:Trail Boss was designed specifically for low-velocity lead bullets suitable for Cowboy Action shooting.
Smithson Valley High School Graduation 2022, Sublime Cupcakes Nutrition Facts, Real Spartan Sword, Articles I